Skip to main content
Ardmore High School
Blue Springs Elementary School
Career Technical Center
Cedar Hill Elementary School
Clements High School
Creekside Elementary School
Creekside Primary School
East Limestone High School
Elkmont Elementary School
Elkmont High School
Johnson Elementary School
Piney Chapel Elementary School
Sugar Creek Elementary School
Tanner Elementary School
Tanner High School
West Limestone High School
Alabama Connections Academy
Potential Employment Forms
District Reopening Plan 2020-2021
*Please click the link to view the answers.
1. Does the District Reopening Plan information include the Pre-K program?
2. What about areas with poor internet access? If school were to shut down (for example a teacher or student tests positive and they shut down for cleaning) will school books/paper assignments be an option again?
3. Is this really a set decision for a full semester? So we are locked in from August until the end of the year? A LOT can change in 5 months, why would this not be offered per term (what is that 8/9 weeks at a time? ) and re-evaluated at the end of each based on state guidance and how the kids are doing? If a child is struggling to do virtual school and needs to switch or parents are called back into work from telework status it seems more beneficial and reasonable for everyone.
4. The video stated to register for Virtual Academy click here. However, the link was not clickable. Can the link be provided?
5. Will Virtual School have the ability to complete answers online? Or will it be like last year where our kids had to print or save screenshots of the online material to turn in?
6. Only 2 days of live lessons weekly with a teacher. So are there recorded videos with instruction for the other days or are we (parents) required to teach everything at home like we had to the last semester of last year?
7. Also the video mentioned we must be able to answer "no" to the following symptoms. One of the prescribed symptoms was congestion or runny nose. This is the south and our daughter struggles with allergies. Will there be a no nonsense approach or will logic be used. If allergies are causing congestion and no other symptoms will she be sent home?
8. The video mentioned "Students with symptoms will be quarantined or isolated as required." Can we explain what that means? Are authorities called? Do they get put in a room and then released to parents.
9. Will there be a blended option?
10. If a case is discovered in school, will our child then be able to enroll in Virtual School?
11. How can you insure that kids are being allowed and are properly washing their hands frequently enough when it was not allowed in March?
12. If a child in the classroom with my child tests positive what will be the plan for quarantine? Will he have to quarantine for 14 days or until a test is done showing positive or negative?
13. Will masks be made available for teachers and students? How will the school ensure that they are being worn and worn properly throughout the day?
14. Will Drivers Ed still take place? Especially for those that were taking it the 2nd semester when school was canceled
15. We are just curious *as of now* what is the plan for PE. Will the kids be able to run around or required to stay in their room the whole day?
16. There was mention of facemask not required and hand sanitizing stations in school. No other mention of what the inside of a classroom might look like. Can anyone explain what a 1st grade classroom looks like with social distancing in place? How they will line up and maintain distance. Recess and etc..?
17. If a child in the classroom with my child tests positive what will be the plan for quarantine? Will he have to quarantine for 14 days or until a test is done showing positive or negative?
18. For Virtual, will the teacher that they are assigned to during the regular school year be the point of contact? Or will it be a group of teachers that they are going to report to virtually?
19. How readily available will a teacher be to answer questions?
20. Will the students be confined to their classrooms all day?
21. What are the procedures going to be for students that attend on campus? Will face masks be mandatory, etc
22. When will we be informed about what precautions each individual school will be taking? For example: Social distancing during PE? Will they be eating in the cafeteria?
23. In the virtual setting, will my children still have a homeroom teacher for the live lessons, guidance and questions? Or is it a random staff member?
24. For virtual students, how will technology questions be handled? Would the school handle the questions/problems, or would there be an IT group that would handle the problems?
25. What will traditional school look like on a daily basis with you following the guidelines? It sounds like sending my kid to something more resembling prison. It sounds damaging psychologically. I can imagine my 2nd grader being very depressed.
26. How will changing classes at the high schools be like this year?
27. What will traditional school look like on a daily basis with you following the guidelines? It sounds like sending my kid to something more resembling prison. It sounds damaging psychologically. I can imagine my 2nd grader being very depressed.
28. Will middle schoolers that are going to use the virtual school program this year still be able to take their band class?
29. When can we expect to hear from someone if we registered our students for the online virtual option?
30. Does the virtual school provide advanced classes for 7th graders? If so, what classes are they and how can one get signed up for taking those classes? Can a student enrolled in virtual school work at his own pace on assignments given? With a student enrolled in the virtual school, how/ when will band, gifted class, or any other extracurricular classes be taught? When will students get last year's yearbook? Will there be a yearbook this coming year? Will school pictures be done this year?
31. How will school therapists be made available to the virtual students?
32. How will IEP/504/Special Ed services be provided to those that choose online options? These services were not provided during the last portion of school for 19/20 school year or at least they were not from Creekside.
33. Is the July 10, 2020 deadline a firm date for a student to enroll in virtual school?
34. Will every child be temperature checked upon arrival each day?
35. Will students who attend school virtually have their regular full schedule of courses?
36. We have one student who has an IEP and in Pre-k at Johnson Elementary and one in second grade at Creekside Elementary. If one school were to be a "full closure" would then both students be virtual?
37. Will everybody that does virtual school get a Macbook/laptop whatever you are providing?
38. If a child has to stay home for a quarantined period will they be able to zoom with their class and complete their work from home to stay caught up?
39. How will we be notified about sports and extracurricular activities? Such as when they will be able to try out?
40. Has a Mon-wed-Friday for half of the students and Tue - Thursday for other half and then rotate weeks even been considered as an option for when we start back? It will be much easier on staff and students to maintain 6ft social distancing if only half of the students are at school at any given time!
41. If I change my mind about virtual school for my student before July 10, 2020, how do I get my request removed from the list?
42. For virtual students, how will abscesses be handled? Is there a minimum amount of time that the student is going to be required to be virtual or are completed assignments acceptable?
43. For one class my kids are taking in the coming school year (Contemporary Issues) there wasn’t an obvious equivalent in the list of Edgenuity courses for the state of AL. Will a different course be assigned in those situations or will the virtual instruction for those courses resemble what was done the previous year instead?
44. My children are registered for several honors classes for the coming school year. Edgenuity does not provide honors versions of all the courses they need. Will students still be able to obtain honors credit for those courses in this situation or are they locked into regular versions of those courses if they opt for virtual school?
45. Will there be an opportunity to enroll in virtual school for the spring semester?
46. Will the students that are on the free/ reduced lunch that do virtual school still get provided help for food through the card they gave out or what are plans for that?
47. Will extended day care be available to those students who plan to attend live class?
48. If I decide to use the traditional option, and school is delayed or closed - will all virtual learning be cohesive and on a standardized platform during that time? Will it be the same as virtual students?
49. What will happen in the second semester to the children on virtual learning if they come back to face to face learning. Will those students be at the same learning level of those who were taught face to face since the learning programs are different.
50. How will Tech School operate if they are forced to close?
51. How will bus transportation be handled?
52. Will LCS be transparent about developing cases and positive tests results, releasing information to the parents as soon as they find out the information? Is LCS required to notify all parents if a child tests positive at the same school or will it only inform the parents of the children in that classroom? The LCS will be as transparent as possible.
53. If a student chooses online schooling, can they still attend tech school they were already enrolled for?
54. For the elementary school children, are the two virtual learning days flexible? Also, will they run the entire length of a regular school day or will they be pre-recorded lessons like at the end of the school year?
55. I would like to know if we will be able to see the curriculum beforehand? Will art supplies etc be included? Lastly, will people with limited internet service have another option besides going to school in person? We live where there is o my satellite and half of the time it doesn't work and when it does it is to slow for video.
56. Will the student be able to do virtual classes in the evenings if parents work during the day?
57. What will the typical virtual day consist of? Such as what time to be online Will classes change as they change at school during the day? Will the child see the teacher teaching during the day via webcam? Will they be able to ask questions like they are in the class room? Also will they turn in work on the computer? And lastly will only one platform be used to teach and what platform is it?
58. For those that are on free or reduced lunches...if they choose to do virtual school, will there be any assistance with breakfast or lunches for them?
59. Technology questions: Will laptops or wifi hotspots be provided to students? At what cost to parents? Some parents may be limited on data due to their data plan, will any financial assistance be available for parents to increase their data plan if wifi hotspots are not provided?
60. How are you going to appropriately separate a group of 5-7 year olds who are establishing new friendships? How are you going to help kids in establishing positive relationships as peers while keeping them apart? How do you guarantee the 6 foot distance and masks for a group of 5-7 year olds, who will immediately go back to huddling close, playing, and fidgeting with a mask?
61. I work at the hospital. I’m around positive covid patients daily will this affect my child being able to come to school?
62. Can we set the schedule for virtual learning or are there set hours for class daily? If your child is sick how do you “call out” for the day? Who/how do we let know our student isn’t feeling well and needs to attend via google classroom for the day? How many absences do students get both for virtual and face to face. How will tests be taken and graded for virtual? Elementary and middle school? What if they have questions during a test? Will virtual learning include any group video sessions? Elementary gets 2 face video sessions a week, Will middle school get any at all? Will they ever see or meet their teacher?
63. What is the difference between Alabama Connections Academy and enrolling in Limestone County virtual school?
64. Will on-premise students have field trips, class parties, school plays, etc? Will virtual students be allowed to participate in these things?
65. Can virtual students participate in band, sports and other extracurricular activities?